"Come in! Come In!
Whoever you are, The Lord's House you have found; Do rest and dine and Praise God's Name! With brethren all around!
MPM's "10 Commandments" for the men's Shelter:
- Sign "MPM's" guest registry upon arrival (no aliases, please).
- Talk to a residential manager about their circumstances. Must get a job within 2 weeks of arrival and give a monetary love offering to misson each payday of $20 per week. (No cash or check Money orders Only)
- Be mindful that weapons, alcohol, mind-altering substances, smoking, profanity, drunken behavior and borrowing money WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
- Be permitted to carry in 2 small personal belongings ( which must be searched) that will fit under the bed, and adopt a hands-off policy towards others' belongings. (MPM is not liable for residents' personal belongings).
- Once in, commit to remaining in the shelter until the following morning and assisting the residential managers where needed.
- Bathe or shower before bedtime (either upon arrival at the shelter or after dinner).
- Observe the dinner hour from 5:30 to 6:30pm daily (NO FOOD IS TO BE TAKEN UPSTAIRS AFTER ANY MEAL).
- Participate in ministry service ( prayer, Bible-study or guest presentations) after from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Retire to bed by 9 p.m. (unless ministry is called for) and observe the early-morning wake-up call, attending to personal hygiene and bedding before breakfast.
- Observe the breakfast hour from 6 to 7 am, followed by the morning worship service and dismal from the premises at 8 am ( Residents may sign up for one-on-one counseling, if desired, before departing the shelter for the day).
RESIDENTS MAY RETURN THE NEXT EVENING BETWEEN 5:00 AND 6:00 P.M. DOORS ARE LOCKED AT 6:00 P.M.
YOU HAVE 2 DAYS TO RETRIEVE YOUR BELONGINGS WHEN CHECKING OUT OF THE MISSION, AFTER 2 DAYS WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR BELONGINGS.